Since you lot seem to be both very eager to spam me and pretty out of touch with reality, let me clarify a few things.
- I do not live in New York City. Yes, I know my LinkedIn profile says “greater New York City area”. That’s because the entirety of New England is considered part of the “greater New York City area” by LinkedIn. I am not going to commute to New York City. I am not going to move to New York City. There is no benefit to tripling my rent in order to live in a broom closet and work for a hedge fund.
- Emailing me out of the blue is probably not going to work out very well for you. If I’ve heard of the company you represent, I probably either dislike them or suspect that you don’t actually represent them. If I haven’t, why would I care? I have a job right now, as you can see from my profile. Sending me more emails is also not going to help.
- What the hell makes you think I want to work in finance? Nothing about my profile mentions it. No, I don’t want to work in web design or for a startup either.
- If I receive an email from you, I figure odds are that you aren’t actually a recruiter, or aren’t actually representing whoever you claim to be representing. Why would a big company go trawling LinkedIn and emailing random junior developers who are already employed? If you want my attention, prove to me that you aren’t just a con artist. And do it in the subject line, because I’m not going to open your email.
- On second thought, maybe just stop? You’re wasting minutes of your time and seconds of mine.